Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wrecked my bike


Saturday I was in a motorcycle accident. I'm not gonna go into too many details on what happened. Lets just say that I'm extremely lucky. Not a single broken bone and no internal damage either. The only thing that happened is that my body is covered in road rash. So I'm bandaged up like a mummy.


Now road rash hurts worse than I imagined. I just opened up nerve ending all over my body that sting and burn constantly. And poor Rusty has to change my bandages twice a day every day. He also cooks, cleans, feeds me, massages lotion onto the skin thats not hurt too bad, sponge bathes me, goes to school full time and is still holding down his full time job. All while retaining his cheery disposition. I couldn't ask for more. I owe him more than I could imagine repaying.


I did have to take a leave of absence from school. But at least I'm alive. One day at a time, ya know? I am frustrated though, and very tired. I had to go back to work today. Which is where I am now. And thats very hard for me. I just want to sleep all the time but even sleeping hurts. And I can't even afford the guaze that I'm using every day so I have to work.


My lesson here is ALWAYS where gloves on a bike! Even if its hot, just buy the fingerless type. The skin on the palms of your hands is so sensitive, and its not fun at all to loose it! Learn from my mistakes...

BTW...that picture is of Rusty and me waiting to see a doctor for a follow up appointment about my wounds. The doctor loved us! We fake bickered and picked on each other the whole time. We were so playful, even she started making jokes with us. I love meeting people that you just click with instantly. She said its not ever day you get a coupld in quite like us. Haha. A compliment, I hope.

2 comments:

  1. A definate compliment :) That's a lovely photo of you and rusty! I'm glad to hear you're getting along so well

    I hope that the exhaustion and pain eases quickly,feel better soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I haven't been around. Glad to hear that you are well considering. Happy that there was a lesson learned. Thrilled that you and your boo are blissful... he sounds like a keeper.
    Here's to mending quickly and painlessly.

    ReplyDelete