Monday, February 22, 2010

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!?!?!

My school is located on a street here in Orlando called Orange Blossom Trail. The locals call it OBT. And OBT is known for its..."walkers". Is that an okay way to put it? Everyone at school like to call them the OBT Special. I see them mostly in the mornings on my way to school. And class starts at 6:30, so these poor woman are out their, cold or hot rain or shine at the crack of dawn trying to make money from the truckers entering and exiting the two highways that intersect right by my school.

Anyway, to get to the point... My new boo (his name is Rusty, and we're doing great, by the way). My new boo and I are leaving school one day at noon, and we pull out onto OBT and are immediately stuck in stand still bumper to bumper traffic. Its an especially warm day, in the mid seventies (can you believe that??? And its Fedruary!!!) so we have the sunroof open and the windows rolled down. I'm just relaxing in the passenger seat, and we're off in search of lunch.

Low and behold, one comes walkin down the street. So immediately he starts makin jokes. "Look at this one!" Funny, right? Kind of...until she walked up to the car. I guess for some reason we looked like a safe choice. And she says "I date couples!". Well my face turned red, and all I could do was turn and look at Rusty, who was laughing so hard, I thought he would wet his pants! She had walked up to the passenger window, so she's standing like three feet from my face! I didn't respond, so she said it again, "I do couples!" What do you do in that situation? I couldn't laugh or say no or get offended or anything. Just speechless, which is extremely rare for me. Of course, Rusty couldn't contain himself. So she walked back a few cars, but aparently didn't see any better prospects. So she returned to inform us that she had "the best black p**** we ever had". As if that would change our minds.

Of course, being a boy, Rusty still hasn't gotten over the hilarity of it. I called my mother, because I tell her everything. And she was almost in tears with sadness over what I life that woman must lead and must have always lead. Comparing my childhood to the one you would imagine a woman like that lived. And what she must go through now. My mother was also sad for me. Saying that was a piece of innocence taken from me for having experienced that.

I see it both ways, humorous and sad. And I'm not really looking for a reaction here, just a story to share. Many strange things have happened to me since I've moved to Florida. Its like a twillight zone. And what's worse is anything that could go wrong here, does. For my class mates as well as me. But that's another story for another day.

Hope all is well with my blogger family, thanks for the continuing support!

2 comments:

  1. She was peddling her wares at high noon? That's dedication to her craft... the oldest profession in the world.

    I'm so glad to hear that you and Rusty are going strong. Can't wait to hear more about your new boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah 'boo' thats so cute :) I'm so happy for ye!
    That lady...lets just leave her for another day,shall we??

    All is well here,thank you!

    ReplyDelete