Monday, December 21, 2009

Home for the holidays!

Like most students, I am out of school for the week. Hooray! And, thanks to a friend loning me their car, I was able to come home for Christmas. I arrived Saturday afternoon.

For my welcoming, my mother decided to cook me a home made dinner! She was trying to decide between blackened chicken and chicken pot pie. Instead she combined the two and blackened the chicken pot pie. We set off the fire alarm in the apartment building three seperate times. Welcome home! I bet our neighbors love us!

Tonight is Honey's birthday. And we are having a big to-do! My mom made a homemade cake, and wrapped her some presents. She's making us another delicious dinner and all the family who are in town are coming over for the celebration. Did I mention that Honey is a DOG!!! Although my mother would never tell you that. My mom calls Honey my sister. And I'm sure someday when I have children, she will be their aunt. WOW is all I have to say... WOW.

And for a romantic update, things with Mr Cookie Monster are progressing wonderfully. He's so sweet and funny and strong and hansom and perfect. (can you see my pupils shaping into little hearts yet) He calls me adorable pet names and sometimes we have breakfast dates at 5 am because we have to really struggle to find time to spend together. But the struggle is more than worth it. I am soooooooooooooooooo happy to even have the opportunity to get to know him better and spend this time together. YAY!

Happy Holidays to you and your quirky families as well! May you eat more cookies than any human should and all your Christmas wishes come true!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are the cutest thing ever! I have heart-shaped pupils reading this post.
    I'm glad you made it home for the holidays - blackened pot pie and Honey's birthday included! We do the same for our dog so no worries there.
    I'm thrilled to here that everything is hearts and kisses with Cookie Professor (does he know about his pet name yet?).
    I was missing your post but I always go under the assumption that no news is good news - and it seems I was right.
    Happy Holidays, Barrie!
    And here's wishing you a New Year that is shiny and bright!
    My Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be "I'm thrilled to hear, not here..."
    I've had a rough day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! All is good for the holidays :) Merry Crimbo!

    ReplyDelete